Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Afraid of the Dark Documentary

The documentary assignments for the video projects was hard for me to come up with an idea at first. I kept trying to think of the ways I use technology throughout the day, for me that's mostly for school and to watch television and movies online. I couldn't think of anyway to make that interesting until I started thinking about the reason I constantly have a movie or TV show on in the background as I go throughout my day. The reason I do this stems from me being afraid of the dark. I have been since I was a little girl and in the documentary go into more detail of the reasons for this. I choose to use some appropriated footage in the introduction to give an atmosphere that could get people to relate to times they were scared. For this I used the introduction to the show Are You Afraid of the Dark? and the movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. To show how this phobia effects me throughout a night and relates to using technology in the form of TV and computer I showed examples of a night in the life of me. I think that this worked well because I was able to give a commentary over the video footage to explain myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment