Monday, November 28, 2011

Gay Marriage Legalized

Remix Video

For my remix video I decided to combine scenes from a How I Met Your Mother Episode with news broadcasts of when gay marriage was legalized in New York state and footage of the 2011 Gay Pride Parade. I wanted to show a take on gay marriage that wasn't changing from not supporting gay marriage to acceptance but had a somewhat positive outlook from the beginning to the end. I decided to use How I Met Your Mother and specifically the relationship between the character Barney Stinson and his brother, James. James is gay and Barney is perfectly accepting and loving of his brother. The only hiccup in their relationship is when James leaves the single life to get married, however, Barney has an anti-marriage attitude. I think combining the three different videos showed a storyline that sort of gets across my ideas towards gay marriage.

I tried to upload the video but it didn't work...

So here is a link to the video that I think will work

Remix Video

No comments:

Post a Comment